Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The cloud's silver lining

As I mentioned, I am far from being an IT wizard, but I like to try new things and to do things by myself before going to the real professionals who can solve the problems I encounter or I create.


When I started my consulting practice, last month, I thought about the different tools I could use to market my skill set and experience.


Naturally, I had to have a web site. After little research, I found a wealth of services allowing me to create a web site from scratch, without downloading any special program, just using my computer and a browser.

I have selected wix.com and created a professional flash web site in less than 48 hours. It was intuitive, inexpensive, did not require any special training or software.


For me this is a perfect example of the best experience a cloud service
 can provide. Ease of use, dependable, inexpensive and good result ( at least, I think so :-) ).

No comments: